It is important to understand local marriage requirements while planning your destination wedding at the Crystal Coast. For brides and grooms who are ready to say “I do”, please review the marriage requirements list below or contact the local register of deeds.
- If either party is 21 years of age or younger, a certified copy of the birth certificate is required. If older than 21, a driver’s license, passport or military ID may be used for identification.
- The marriage license fee is $60.00. Cash only.
- A Social Security Card must be shown by each party. In lieu of a Social Security Card, a pay check stub, insurance card, which shows the SSN, or other legal documents bearing the SSN may be used.
- If either party is younger than 18 years of age, parent(s) must appear in the Register of Deeds Office with identification. If parents are divorced, proof of custody is required of the parent signing consent.
- There is no waiting period after a marriage license is issued. The license is valid for 60 days.
- If one or both parties have been divorced for a year or less, the decree of Absolute Divorce is required to record the month and year of that divorce on the Marriage License.
For further information please contact:
302 Court House Square
226 Pollock Street
New Bern, NC
202 Main Street