The best weddings have memorable wedding receptions, and the key to making sure yours is a night no one will forget is making sure that guests stay well entertained. Some reports even find that the success of a wedding relies 80% on the entertainment. Hiring a great DJ is a fast track to keeping your guests dancing the night away.
Like many of the other components of wedding planning, research must be done before selecting a DJ. Begin by arranging a meeting to sit down with potential DJs as this provides a chance to speak with them one-on-one and ask questions. A great way to start the meeting is to ask to hear some of their mixes. If the sound is not what you are looking for, then you know to move on to other options. Also be sure to inquire about their experience in the industry.
Good questions to gain information about this are:
- How long have you been in the DJ business?
- How many weddings have you DJed?
Other logistics-related questions include:
- What is the average cost of services? Or
- How do you handle emergency situations or cancellations?
Finally, a great question to determine if they will be a good fit is:
- What sets you apart from your competitors?
Once a DJ is chosen, discuss the following:
- Discuss playlists and preferred songs. Communicate which songs must be played and which songs belong on the “Do Not Play” list.
- Talk about whether requests from guests will be taken or if the DJ is to strictly adhere to guidelines previously discussed.
- Plan equipment set up and speaker locations to make sure it corresponds with the dance floor and guests’ needs (older guests probably do not want to be directly next to the music).
Lastly, review any other requests or things the DJ needs to know prior to the event. Finding the perfect DJ is a great way to provide fun and engaging entertainment for guests and with a venue on the Crystal Coast, the wedding is guaranteed to be a success.