Picking the perfect wedding dress can be the hardest decision you make in the wedding planning process. All eyes are on the bride, so of course you want every detail to be perfect, from the neckline all the way down to the train. Take the stress out of the dress for your Crystal Coast Wedding with these 9 simple tips.
How to Pick Your Crystal Coast Wedding Dress
- Know Your Budget: Inflating your budget could put your groom, family, and friends on the spot. Know your limits and stick to the budget.
- Keep Location At The Forefront: Ball gowns don’t always work for beach weddings. Keep temperature, wind, and room to move in mind. If you’re still deciding on your perfect wedding venue, browse our list here.
- Share Your Vision: Speak up about each detail that you like or don’t like about each dress.
- It’s Okay to Love the First Dress: Try on as many as you please, but if your mind keeps wandering back to that same dress, it’s a sign.
- Know Your Silhouette: Don’t let one unflattering style discourage your from finding your perfect dress. Go with what you know is figure flattering.
- Be Open To Alterations: The dress may fit like a glove on the model in the magazine, but it surely didn’t come that way. Don’t be discouraged if there are little details about the dress that need fixing, and of course, leave room in the budget for these alterations.
- Don’t Forget Accessories: speaking of room in the budget, little things like the veil, jewelry, and shoes can be expensive!
- Try Different Styles: Many brides come in with a firm list of wants and don’t wants for their first fitting, but most will change their mind by the end of the day. Stay open minded and you may find something unexpected.
- Say Yes, Then Stop Shopping: Stop searching for confirmation that you’ve made the right decision. Trust your gut and don’t wait for someone else to make you second guess yourself. You’re going to look incredible!
The Crystal Coast Bridal Alliance is the premier directory for wedding vendors on the Crystal Coast, including Beaufort, Morehead City, Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, Harkers Island, and everywhere inbetween. Browse our comprehensive list of approved wedding professionals to start planning your dream destination wedding on the Crystal Coast!